We are proud to offer our house moving services for properties of all sizes. Whether you need to move your 5 bedroom family home around the corner, or a 2 bedroom apartment to the other end of the country, we will be happy to offer you a competitive quote as well as help and advice with all aspects of the moving process. Here at AMS we understand the value of your possessions and that they are unique to you. We will treat items with the same level of care if it is a full flat moving 200 miles or a single item moving 2.
House Moving Tips
- 1) Once you have your moving date, or if you know that you will move at a certain time, get your packing materials well in advance. Please use strong, high quality boxes that are fit for purpose – ask us if you are not sure.
- 2) Start packing early! It is easy to underestimate the amount of time that packing your belongings will take, so start to pack away unused and unnecessary items as early as you can. Be sure to use bubble wrap to protect fragile items.
- 3) When packing make sure that you label boxes clearly so that they can be placed in the appropriate rooms, and be sure to pack as many items as possible and not leave anything unboxed except for large and bulky items – many removals companies will refuse to take unboxed items.
- 4) Make a list of organisations, friends and family who you need to inform of your change of address.
- 5) When moving day comes, take your meter readings and inform your electricity, gas and water suppliers that you are changing address.
- 6) Sit back and let our removals porters take care of all the hard work and heavy lifting as we carry you off to your new home!
- 7) Unpack your belongings in your new home at your leisure after a stress free move.