Frequently Asked Questions

We use Mercedes Sprinter Luton Vans.

Yes, our vehicles are fitted with DEL Tail lifts which are regularly serviced and have a maximum Safe Working Load of 500kg. Please specify what item(s) will require the use of the tail lift when booking.

Where we give an “All Inclusive” fixed price quote, this is our price to move all of the items that you have listed between the properties you have requested. We will provide a suitable vehicle, adequate manpower, and any specialist lifting equipment that may be required. There are no additional charges for fuel, mileage, or insurance. We are registered for VAT with HMRC so all of our prices are subject to VAT. The amount of VAT will be clearly stated. The price you see is the price you pay.

For private customers we are able to accept bank transfers and card payments. In exceptional circumstances or for a very short notice move we may accept a cash payment. As per our Terms and Conditions, we must receive the full amount as cleared funds in advance of your move. For Company Customers we accept payment by Bank Transfer or Credit/Debit card, and where previously approved and subject to a satisfactory company credit check, we will also accept payment by Business Cheque or by Invoice.

Yes, if your removal requires 2 men to lift large, bulky or heavy items we will provide 2 men unless you specifically ask that we do not, and we are able to provide additional manpower where required.

Yes, it’s nearly new and still under warranty.

Yes – our vehicles are new and still under manufacturer’s warranty. In the very unlikely event that there is a problem, the manufacturer will send their own mechanics to the roadside to repair the vehicle. If this is not possible, they will arrange recovery of the vehicle to a main dealer workshop, where they then have up to 4 hours to repair the vehicle before they have to provide us with an equivalent vehicle.

Yes: AMS Removals have the following insurance policies in place – Vehicle Insurance, unlimited mileage including European, vehicle used for carriage of goods for Hire and Reward (legally required). Public Liability Insurance – Protects members of the public and their property for any injury or damage that may be caused by our staff, up to a maximum of £2,000,000. Goods in Transit – Protects your belongings from damage or destruction whilst they are being handled and transported by us, up to a maximum value of £25,000 per vehicle. For a higher value consignment, please request a quote for additional insurance if this is something you require. Employer’s Liability – Our staff are protected by this legally required policy.

Yes, please get in touch for a quote and to discuss your requirements.

No, unless they contain fragile items or the base of the drawer is not strong enough to support the weight of its contents. Please check that it is possible to remove the drawer from the frame of the furniture – if it is not possible to remove the drawer the contents should always be removed and packed in boxes.

If you don’t have the original box, use some bubble wrap to protect the screen. If you have an empty cardboard box you should also place this over the TV and tape it in place. If you do not have bubblewrap, just use a sheet, blanket or duvet. Please note that, while we regularly move TVs packed in this way without issue, your TV will only be covered by our insurance if it is packed in its original box.

No, we currently recommend the following firm, who are able to take care of all of your packaging requirements,and offer a delivery service: http://www.euroboxpackaging.co.uk/

No, sorry. We are only insured to provide a van with a driver, not for self-drive hire.

Yes, we are able to provide both warehouse and self-storage facilities.

No, sorry. We are neither insured nor qualified to carry out any plumbing related work, so the same applies to any dishwashers or fridge freezers that are connected to the water supply. Although this is a straightforwards job,
if anything were to go wrong and your kitchen floods causing £1,000s of damage, your household insurance policy would not protect you if we had done the work. For this reason you should check the insurance and qualifications of any other removals firm who does offer you this service.

No, sorry. You should hire a Gas Safe Registered, and competent person to do this for you.


Web Design Cardiff
The Web Designer Group Cardiff Logo

Close Button

Web Design Cardiff

The Web Designer Group Cardiff